THERMOCOL SCULPTED BIRDIES-MAKING
Recycling using thermocol packings
STAGES OF CREATING
I used all WASTE MATERIALS only
MAKING THE BIRDIES
- Draw the shape of the bird with a light colored sketchpen, on a thick thermocol piece (I got mine from a TV PACKAGING).
- Now cut 3 shapes of the bird with a cutter blade and after stacking them in three layers stick them with FEVICOL GLUE. Leave to air dry overnight.
- This will help you to get a 3D ,plumpy and fat bird. Using the CUTTER BLADE you can now use your sculpting skill to prepare the model of the bird.
- Before air-drying the bird I inserted a TUBULAR GLASS BEAD by pushing it horizontally from one end to the other.
- Allow it to sun dry for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile prepare the EGGSCRATE PAPER MACHĒ PULP+BIRLA WHITE CEMENT PUTTY mixture mixed with FEVICOL GLUE by making a creamy paste. You may add WHITE ACRYLIC PAINT for a final plaster on the thermocol bird cut out.
- Smear the plaster mixture on the thermocol modelled birdie with a THICK PAINTBRUSH.
- Now let it dry for a day in the sun light.
- You will see that it dries to a rock hard state. Paint it with ACRYLIC COLOURS according to your choice.
- YOUR BIRDIES ARE READY TO BE MOUNTED ON any base that you prefer. By the way I mounted mine on WASTE CDS. Now, go ahead, and unleash more Creativity by using and decorating it in different ways!!!
Check it out-